Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Mix Tapes: Change the Sheets ('My Love Is a Stockpile of Broken Wills')

It's been a great day, music-wise. All this great music I've been listening to today is probably the only reason my head didn't actually explode when I was reading about all the ridiculous things Rick Santorum has to say about taking control of every uterus in the country.

First up, Ana Tijoux. Oh em gee, you guys. Her album "La Bala" comes out January 31st, but until then you can stream it on NPR. Here's a track from her first album, "1977":



Next up, “A La Modeliste,” a jazz track produced by Mark Ronson for RE:GENERATION featuring Erykah Badu, Trombone Shorty, Mos Def, Zigaboo Modeliste, and members of the Dap Kings. I don't really need to say anything more, do I?



I'm also really excited about Kathleen Edwards' new album, "Voyageur." She co-produced it with boyfriend Justin Vernon, who you may or may not know from a little band called Bon Iver. Here's a track from the album I particularly like:



Now if only I had the first clue what Ana Tijoux was singing/rapping about, I think it would be a successful Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment