Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Mix Tapes: In the Light and the Dark

In the last two days, I have watched 15 episodes of Freaks and Geeks.

I had to make myself stop just now. And not because I feel bad about watching 15 episodes of a television show within two days. Because I only have 3 episodes left!

So, taking a break from thebestshowever Freaks and Geeks...

I fell in love with Eddi Front last week after I stumbled across her EP, which happens to include an incredible Nick Cave cover, and more importantly a track called "Texas," which happens to be my personal favorite.

Maybe you've been hip to Eddi Front since July, when I somehow missed Pitchfork talking up her song "Gigantic"—if so, lucky you. Because, this:



Just a tad melancholy... but I have just the thing to perk us all up!

You might not believe that anything could possibly be better than watching 15 episodes of Freaks and Geeks in two days, but I think I've found that one thing. And that thing is Jessie Ware (with a little help) singing a cover of Brownstone's "If You Love Me". That's right. Jessie Ware. Brownstone!

If you love me (say it):



It almost feels like 1994 again, doesn't it? I mean, I'm still wearing dingy flannel and freaking out over a Brownstone song. The only real difference that comes to mind is that now I have boobs. And back then I had no idea why someone wouldn't like you regardless of whether it was dark or light.

Meanwhile, here comes a lady wearing an outfit much more stylish than dingy flannel. (More on Wild Belle, a brother-sister duo from Chicago, here.) And if you don't find this tune catchy as fuck, well then I don't know what to do with you (in the light or the dark).



Happy freezing cold Monday. Maybe next week we'll throw some male musicians in the mix. And that's a big maaaybe. Just kidding, of course we will, cause girls can't be musicians! Oh WAIT...I almost forgot...we still can! We can do whatever we want!

CAUSE BARACK OBAMA IS STILL THE PRESIDENT! PEACE, ROMNEY!

Now that all THAT is off my chest...I gotta go find an old military jacket now...

No comments:

Post a Comment