Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Poetry Slam Tuesdays: 'Well, It's Pretty Involved'

You know what hasn't happened here in too long? A little Bukowski, that's what. I was just staring at my pile of Bukowski books and thought, I kinda miss that asshole.

So without further ado, from You Get So Alone at Times That It Just Makes Sense:
 
coffee
[via here]

I was having a coffee at the
counter
when a man
3 or 4 stools down
asked me,
"listen, weren't you the
guy who was
hanging from his
heels
from that 4th floor
hotel room
the other
night?"

"yes," I answered, "that
was me."

"what made you do
that?" he asked.

"well, it's pretty
involved."

he looked away
then.

the waitress
who had been
standing there
asked me,
"he was joking,
wasn't
he?"

"no," I
said.

I paid, got up, walked
to the door, opened
it.

I heard the man
say, "that guy's
nuts."

out on the street I
walked north
feeling
curiously
honored.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to create a great articleÖ but what can I sayÖ I hesitate a lot and never seem to get anything done.mixed in key
    avg driver updater
    driver booster
    Revo Uninstaller

    ReplyDelete