Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Mix Tapes: Babes and Freaks

This morning, I piled my hair in a knot on the very top of my head, straightened my bangs to hang right in my eyeballs, and put on the longest pair of earrings I own. Every time I move a muscle, the earrings clink. My top knot might be a little too top. The middle-aged businessmen downtown kept looking at me like I'm an alien (not that this is too different from every other day). It could be the top knot. It could be the loud feather earrings. It could be the bangs. But more likely, it's because I'm smiling like a maniac and pretending I'm in a music video (not that this is too different from every other day).

These are the songs that are playing in my music video. With all the head bobbing and seat dancing, it was a real party in the cubicle today.



You're looking killer, babe.



I have seen into the future; I want you to take me there.



You a freak like me, freak like me, freak like me

Hope your Monday was the tops. Mine has been. If not, take a listen to Santigold's new album and Kwes' EP, and I promise it'll be on its way there.

And if that doesn't work, pile all your hair on top of your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment