Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Mix Tapes: Gladys, Alicia, and Some Merry Men, It Seems

The other evening, Lauren and I were talking about boys and ponies and ribbons or whatever it is girls like to talk about, and we came to a startling realization:

She didn't know Alicia Keys' version of "If I Was Your Woman," a Gladys Knight and the Pips' cover. EVEN WORSE, I only knew Alicia's version. I think I even said, "Oh, THAT'S why she says it's a 'shout out to Miss Gladys Knight.'"

Sigh. HOW EMBARRASSING!

I had to put a stop to this.

Clueless young souls everywhere, meet Miss Gladys Knight and the Pips, who for some reason or another are dressed like Robin Hood's merry men (umm. the DANCING!). But whatever. Gladys is rocking that green eyeshadow.



And now we have Miss Alicia, who is beautiful as ever in the unplugged version. I may or may not have listened to her unplugged album repeatedly on drives from Bloomington to Knightstown in the Dodge Neon. I may or may not have been singing at the top of my lungs while doing so. (And may I point out that Alicia's eyeshadow is equally incredible in this video?)



Okay, I feel better now. But will someone get me a Gladys Knight and the Pips record, stat? Oh, and I don't have a record player, so I'll need that, too. Great, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment